Announcements    |   Account     |    Guide     |     GoonZu    |     Downloads    |    Item Mall    |     G Coin
Luminary Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A bail out for Wallace from the goverment?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Feedback & Tech Support -> GM ChamberMessage format

Haney
Posted 12/10/2008 4:42 PM (#10332)
Subject: A bail out for Wallace from the goverment?

Veteran

OK when are the developers going to give Wallace a bail out package to help him start buying back items. I would love to level up my bow manuf. skills but its hard when all I can do is try and sell the non HG/PG and no get buyers for days or tin tin them for like 41 % return mats. It dont have to be a large amount of marbles from Wallace just enough to cover my expensives. I am not a top artisian so I do not get any manuf requests for bows. Heck I can not even give away my bows ( I have tried). Why do we all have to be punished for the abuse from past offenders??
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JO2EY
Posted 12/10/2008 5:38 PM (#10344 - in reply to #10332)
Subject: Re: A bail out for Wallace from the goverment?

Extreme Veteran

i am also a bow manufacturer and find the wallace situation difficult as the market is too slow for the lvl of equipment i make
then to my relief i find new npc that lets me resolve my bows or other equip for pure elements eg lithium argon selenium wat was pure class
at first i was actually making profit from resolving sumthin like 600% profit and now the artifact honeymoon is over and the prices have slumped
i am left with 100s of argon and selenium that are worth less now than the money i spent on mats to make em.
now i must wait for a few days b4 goonzu day when the market speeds up and my stuff is bought for the higher price i list.

btw the way im an opertunist like every1 else
Stilgar
Posted 12/10/2008 7:21 PM (#10363 - in reply to #10332)

srry dont agree Haney, wallace got us into this mess of crazy inflation. I hope he never comes back and they keep putting money sinks in to drain the economy. Even I can tell that the rapid inflation has slowed down to an almost halt and hopefully will begin to retract. Wich in the end will have the desired affect of you having an eseir time in leveling.

Be positive though most MMO have no NPC like tin tin its either sell it or dont. IMO at least 41% is better than 0%. On a personal note I feel they should run more manue exp events I dont think they run nearley enough. other than that im sure people would have some other good ideas about helping the crafters of luminary and I hope they post some, but I hope wallace is not one of them.
Tupak
Posted 12/11/2008 11:56 AM (#10396 - in reply to #10332)

Extreme Veteran

Yeah, give us Wallace back, I need him!!! Nobody wanna buy my low low HG items
Haney
Posted 12/11/2008 2:06 PM (#10399 - in reply to #10332)

Veteran

OK GMs just tell us is Wallace a never to come back item or what? I want to level my bow making but I am not going to waste time and effort making no sellable stuff I will jsut go back to meds and food and tools and give up a profitless job like weapons making.
forumfireflare
Posted 12/12/2008 5:59 AM (#10437 - in reply to #10332)
Subject: RE: A bail out for Wallace from the goverment?

Expert

I agree with Stilgar.. artisans shouldnt have an instant cashflow cuz it results in the buying up of mats and thus 300k charcoal turns into 600k charcoal and snook becomes very sad .

I wont say I dont miss Wallace tho.. I made a really good dragon rifle that should have sold 120mil but dropped to 73mil which was barely above market price... so no wallace is ftl but in the end with the price of mats stable or dropping maybe it will become FTW?
iloveonlyme
Posted 12/12/2008 7:24 AM (#10444 - in reply to #10437)

Elite Veteran

forumfireflare - 12/12/2008 5:59 AM

I agree with Stilgar.. artisans shouldnt have an instant cashflow cuz it results in the buying up of mats and thus 300k charcoal turns into 600k charcoal and snook becomes very sad .

I wont say I dont miss Wallace tho.. I made a really good dragon rifle that should have sold 120mil but dropped to 73mil which was barely above market price... so no wallace is ftl but in the end with the price of mats stable or dropping maybe it will become FTW?

i never thought of it like that
Joslynn
Posted 12/12/2008 9:19 AM (#10454 - in reply to #10332)

Veteran

I think doing away with Wallace helped our in-game economy. I would; however, like to see a method of selling unsealed weapons and armor besides pk. I think we should be able to sell them through a p-shop. After all...aren't most flea markets all about buying used items? So...why not allow us to set up a shop for selling used armors and weapons? Any opinions?
thundra
Posted 12/12/2008 10:40 AM (#10456 - in reply to #10454)

Extreme Veteran

i wold love that idea and also i know how everyone feels about wallace not being there to resive your items but i am Glad he dosen't work actualy cuz the economy has ben lowering ever since he stoped working so why not use joslynn idea of selling used items and if they are sealed tintin them or sell them in the market market gives more money than wallace anyways.

think how things will rise up wen wallace works again and the people that are looking for that to happen i wold rather advice the developers to just take him out of the game or make him a new system witch will not effect the market^^ and that way everyone is happy^^
Targetton
Posted 12/12/2008 10:58 AM (#10459 - in reply to #10454)

Elite Veteran

Joslynn - 12/12/2008 9:19 AM

I think doing away with Wallace helped our in-game economy. I would; however, like to see a method of selling unsealed weapons and armor besides pk. I think we should be able to sell them through a p-shop. After all...aren't most flea markets all about buying used items? So...why not allow us to set up a shop for selling used armors and weapons? Any opinions?

That is a great idea. It would be wonderful for a ticket to do that and it would work like premium shop ticket, sold by clara.

I must admit that wallace not working has made the economy better.
But i also must admit that wallace made great profit for the artisans and was very useful.
So maybe there should be a way that makes wallace balance the economy. Buyers would buy things on a fair price and artisan would make the right profits for there hard work.
Stilgar
Posted 12/12/2008 11:00 AM (#10460 - in reply to #10332)

Well eventually as for the unsealed problem. I think they are planning to introduce a repackaging ticket that will allow you to sell unsealed stuff. If its really will happen not sure, we will just have to wait and see.
moomba a.k.a DB?
Posted 12/13/2008 9:12 PM (#10528 - in reply to #10332)

lol....

bring wallace back...
with 2x price on HG item (which means 100% of market price)

this wont cause inflation...

4x hg price is the cause of inflation!

bring wallace back! bring wallace back! bring it back!
forumfireflare
Posted 12/15/2008 5:12 AM (#10599 - in reply to #10456)

Expert

thundra - 12/12/2008 10:40 AM
or sell them in the market market gives more money than wallace anyways.

falso... I sold a HG dragon rifle for 70mil that wallace would have given me 130mil for...
FeaR
Posted 12/15/2008 6:04 AM (#10606 - in reply to #10599)

LOL bailout package.

I hope this wont take as long as the time the White House will decide to bailout the auto industry.
Targetton
Posted 12/15/2008 6:42 AM (#10612 - in reply to #10332)

Elite Veteran

The repackaging ticket sounds interesting. I wonder if they will put it.
forumfireflare
Posted 12/15/2008 8:01 AM (#10634 - in reply to #10606)

Expert

first of all, bailing out the auto industry is silly... much like bailing out wallace is...

why give a defunct company more money to continue being defunct.. this whole industry needs restructured and its not gonna happen if they get bailed out... it will just delay their collapse and we'll be worse off.

the reverse will happen if wallace gets "reactivated"... he was start spewing out more marbles and inflate prices worse than they already are.
Tresor
Posted 12/15/2008 8:03 PM (#10680 - in reply to #10528)

Extreme Veteran

moomba a.k.a DB? - 12/13/2008 2:12 PM

lol....

bring wallace back...
with 2x price on HG item (which means 100% of market price)

this wont cause inflation...

4x hg price is the cause of inflation!

bring wallace back! bring wallace back! bring it back!

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Puddles
Posted 12/15/2008 8:42 PM (#10682 - in reply to #10332)

Veteran

I disagree. The economy is stable now, even 2x will cause inflation even if a little slower.

I think an alternate solution is needed. Maybe set tintin to 300% for all high grade, since mats don't affect the economy like marbles do.

This would allow the pd's to work their skill without upsetting the economy, and could be a permanent solution without worrying about it being taken away.

I had another out of the box idea, but basically I think the problem can be fixed without wallace.

RiceMagic~

Edited by Puddles 12/15/2008 8:43 PM
Superman88
Posted 12/16/2008 3:53 AM (#10687 - in reply to #10682)

Regular

actually bringing wallace back is just bringing in more marbles, but at a smaller scale. I think Rice's idea is pretty good. Introducing more mats to the server is less likely to have a sudden massive impact on the server. a 300% on HG items isn't a bad idea as would steadily introduce mats to server.

Summary - I agree with rice, and wallace should not be brought back even if it gives market value for HG items. Half value is perfectly fine. It basically promotes ppl to tin tin and pd instead of walacing for cash which is likely to introduce into the server more marbles than are being used up and therefore still cause inflation.

Hope that made sense... i havnt proof read it lol

cheers guys

GodlyShot ^_^
Superman88
Posted 12/16/2008 3:54 AM (#10688 - in reply to #10687)

Regular

I've just realised that in essence i repeated myself in the post lol.

sorry bout that.

P.S. - Joslynn's idea of having a p shop to sell used items isn't a bad idea i quite like it. I hate how theres always a chance to loose the item through pk it sucks big time

GodlyShot

Edited by Superman88 12/16/2008 3:57 AM
forumfireflare
Posted 12/16/2008 4:35 AM (#10692 - in reply to #10332)

Expert

Their some good ideas in this post although I'm not sure how reselling unsealed items in pshop is related...

Rices tintin idea makes more sense to me than anything I've heard in awhile but then what do we do with wallace?

well heres an idea thats slightly off d wall but give me a second.. maybe instead of wallace taking items and giving us cash we should turn him upside down. Give him cash for a chance to win mats back...
*lets that sink in*

Ok so I figure how it works is...
1. You select which class of finished item you want (class= sword, gun, armor, bow, helmet, etc)
2. You select how much money you want to "wager"... the higher your wager the more and better items you get..
for example, if you wager 1mil toward gun you might get 30 oak or 100 ores.. if you wager 100mil, you might get 500 charcoals or 100 lubricants or 50 titanium...
3. Wallace gives you a certain amount of mats at random. Also when you use wallace, theres a certain chance of acquiring something useful in addition to the mats. Or maybe something like tintin you could get 200% or even 300% mats at a small % chance.

its basically gambling only the return is mats... anyway its not a perfect idea, but havent seen any other ideas on what to do with Wallace other than to get him "fixed".

~Snook
Superman88
Posted 12/17/2008 5:24 AM (#10775 - in reply to #10332)

Regular

lol forum my thing ab out re selling unsealed items in a p shop was just something i thought was a good idea, it was totally unrelated to everything else sorry if that confused you.

Now... your idea...

I love it haha its so off the wall and wierd but it's an awesome idea, not only will it introduce mats into the system, it may very well solve our problem of not being able to regulate marbles, cause an upside down wallace could possibly chew through marbles like no bodies business.

Thats the downside, i'm slightly worries it may chew up more marbles than is healthy and the economy might start going the other way... who knows lol. All in all i love the idea.

GodlyShot
smakz
Posted 12/17/2008 5:01 PM (#10802 - in reply to #10332)

Veteran

i like rice's idea about the hg = 300 %.. even like 250% would be nice.. also one positive that could come from that is that we'd be introducing mats into the game so it could in turn lower prices of mats in market and help economy as well.. hopefully they do something soon!
SharShar
Posted 12/17/2008 5:20 PM (#10808 - in reply to #10332)

Expert

My question about the repackaging ticket...
eventually, over time it might get to where the server is choked out with used handmedowns, and first wouldnt the low lvl manu items just slowly stock up until its not needed to make, you just buy a used one from martha's used stuff shop. Slowly and eventually low lvl manu may suffer, few things molding on market when got far cheaper or given.
I personally like the 'once it's unsealed its yours' way it is now.
Binbin
Posted 12/17/2008 5:22 PM (#10809 - in reply to #10332)

Veteran

Its all about how do we make our HGs more sought after. Enable HG enchantment in normal slot = +10% success rate - tada all your HGs will sell in market now ^__^
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)