Announcements    |   Account     |    Guide     |     GoonZu    |     Downloads    |    Item Mall    |     G Coin
Luminary Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sticky Weekly Inform It - Volume 002, Edition 001
[Frozen]

Moderators: GZInformant

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    GZ Times -> Luminary PoliticsMessage format

GZInformant
Posted 2/19/2009 5:02 PM (#15289)
Subject: Weekly Inform It - Volume 002, Edition 001

Cover

Contents

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Page 7

Page 8

Back Page

*Editor's Notes*

-Some articles were written four days ago, so bare that time frame in mind when reading, please.

-This will be the last Weekly Inform It as our Magazine Name will be changed to the Monthly Inform It for future Editions, This will also include new sections and news for your entertainment purposes.

-The Weekly Puzzler will be taken over by a new reporter starting in March, therefore the answer page was included in this Edition, only.

-Flame Hatch Advertisement is a little late, but took too many hours to create to not share with you.

-Is any one actually reading all these boring Editor's Notes?

Thanks to all My Readers,
GZInformant, Esq
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Joslynn
Posted 2/19/2009 7:56 PM (#15369 - in reply to #15289)
Subject: Re: Weekly Inform It - Volume 002, Edition 001

Veteran

Yes, I'm reading the Editor's Notes! I enjoyed this edition ... every new edition seems better than the last. Thanks for your hard work.
Lala
Posted 2/19/2009 8:29 PM (#15374 - in reply to #15289)

Expert

You amaze me with each edition. Well made. Love it!
Myra
Posted 2/20/2009 1:59 AM (#15425 - in reply to #15289)

Veteran

Lol I love the puppet controller image. And thanks for the read (:
Targetton
Posted 2/20/2009 4:28 AM (#15456 - in reply to #15425)

Elite Veteran

YOu got a fan. I love your editions. They are awsome.
evilleprechaun
Posted 2/20/2009 10:26 AM (#15521 - in reply to #15456)

Veteran

And you lost a fan, too. Grats.
Leche
Posted 2/20/2009 10:28 AM (#15522 - in reply to #15289)

Veteran

Two. Ciao.
forumfireflare
Posted 2/20/2009 11:17 AM (#15529 - in reply to #15289)
Subject: RE: Weekly Inform It - Volume 002, Edition 001

Expert

I think I missed something... why are evil and leche leaving? I thought atleast it was entertaining but didnt really see anything bad. I mean I didn't really get the GoonZu puppet. what else could it be?
GZInformant
Posted 2/20/2009 1:33 PM (#15559 - in reply to #15529)

forumfireflare - 2/20/2009 2:17 PM

I think I missed something... why are evil and leche leaving? I thought atleast it was entertaining but didnt really see anything bad. I mean I didn't really get the GoonZu puppet. what else could it be?

Perhaps, I need to explain, more clearly, what the comic strip Grim Reality is about. It's not intended to point at any one GoonZu or Government individual. It's meant to represent my version of political satire, like you often see in the newspapers.

In this case I chose to use Grim Reality as a way to convey the reality of government, not to point at any figure specifically, but the governmental structure, in general. I've now been a reporter through 3 GZ terms, starting at the very end of DarkDisciple's term, and the one thing that has become abundantly clear to me is that the GoonZu is, indeed, a puppet controlled by Zeus Server.

The basic ideology is this; If a GoonZu doesn't do everything the server wants, and I mean everything (needs and desires vary from player to player), he or she is ridiculed and/or criticized. Even on a good term, like the current one, there have been criticisms. So the point of the illustration was to echo this sentiment. The GoonZu is a puppet and Zeus pulls the strings (represented by the Zeus Logo on the grip). This is what I had in mind when I created this comic and the same idea used in past Edition's of Grim Reality. If any one thought it was pointed at one GoonZu in particular, it truly is a bias pre-installed in their mindset, as this, 100 percent, was not my intention.

This was actually meant to be a, non-contraversial, fun edition to compensate for the last one, which seemed to upset more than it pleased (unintentional). I'm very surprised some of you are dismayed, but I accept it and would love to hear specifically why you didn't like this month's edition so I can make adjustments for future issues.

Thanks for all your comments, good and bad, but most of all, Thanks for taking the time to read,
GZInformant, Esq
Myra
Posted 2/22/2009 3:47 AM (#15823 - in reply to #15289)

Veteran

Yeah, I don't think the image was targeted at any government. I saw it as more of a generic idea, and slightly tongue-in-cheek so... shrugs.
Targetton
Posted 2/22/2009 4:57 PM (#15929 - in reply to #15823)

Elite Veteran

i didn't see anything wrong. i see its completely bias. oh well, someone always gets offended when they read a newspaper. so that is also normal.
mariel
Posted 3/10/2009 9:15 PM (#17262 - in reply to #15289)

Veteran

Sorry if I'm posting here... cause I couldnt see the images on where to email .. photobucket is blocked here..

GZInformant, could you check your forum inbox please thanks

or could someone post GZInformant's email thanks
Puddles
Posted 3/11/2009 9:10 AM (#17274 - in reply to #15289)

Veteran

The Goonzu (position) is, in many ways, a puppet.

Actually, being goonzu makes you more of a puppet than anything else.

Well, a puppet or disliked...you get to choose.

Ironically the same choice our reporter has just made

Changing future additions, rather than report it how it is, simply to keep a couple of over-sensitive ppl happy.....eventually we'll have enough puppets for a show

Anyway, no complaints here. I get and agree with the comic. Good edition, and keep them coming!.

RiceMagic~
Tally<3
Posted 4/1/2009 7:07 AM (#20318 - in reply to #15289)

Veteran

wow, GM initiative!! hehe.. theres a very talented artist who plays on hera her ign is necrodeity
Necrodisiac
Posted 4/3/2009 11:06 AM (#21764 - in reply to #20318)

Extreme Veteran

xD hi tally. was looking at the art reporter thing. i'd love to be part of the team although i'm very busy with school at the moment. hopefully, this summer i'll be able to do it. =D
Tresor
Posted 4/12/2009 1:06 AM (#25694 - in reply to #15289)

Extreme Veteran

GZInformant - 2/19/2009 10:02 AM  Page 4 *Editor's Notes* -Some articles were written four days ago, so bare that time frame in mind when reading, please. -This will be the last Weekly Inform It as our Magazine Name will be changed to the Monthly Inform It for future Editions, This will also include new sections and news for your entertainment purposes. -The Weekly Puzzler will be taken over by a new reporter starting in March, therefore the answer page was included in this Edition, only. -Flame Hatch Advertisement is a little late, but took too many hours to create to not share with you. -Is any one actually reading all these boring Editor's Notes? Thanks to all My Readers, GZInformant, Esq

Please note your article stating Mekare called the meeting early is incorrect, Mekare did not call the meeting early, Mekare called the meeting after the 12 day period wait was over, And subsequently has had her shares returned. In future it might be worth your time to find these things out before printing them as fact, because of your article Mekare has been the subject of harrassment and people from Bamabad and their friends have mocked her claiming she is above the rules because her shares were returned to her, It is your responsibility to report the truth in my opinion.

With respect

Tresor 

Edited by Tresor 4/12/2009 1:36 AM
hellawickedz
Posted 4/12/2009 12:25 PM (#25798 - in reply to #15289)

Veteran

Take into account this was a fairly old post....there wasn't much light on the subject back then and this was posted BEFORE she got her shares back. And you have to admit, it did look like that was the case. I agree the truth should be posted, but after so long......I don't think there is a huge problem.

Sorry to edit, I just re read....he did put 'It is reported' or something along those lines...so he didn't say it was fact or the truth. He just said that maybe he heard it through the grapevine.

Oh and apologies if you are not a he...just an assumption.

Edited by hellawickedz 4/12/2009 12:29 PM
Tresor
Posted 4/12/2009 5:12 PM (#25885 - in reply to #25798)

Extreme Veteran

hellawickedz - 4/12/2009 5:25 AM Take into account this was a fairly old post....there wasn't much light on the subject back then and this was posted BEFORE she got her shares back. And you have to admit, it did look like that was the case. I agree the truth should be posted, but after so long......I don't think there is a huge problem. Sorry to edit, I just re read....he did put 'It is reported' or something along those lines...so he didn't say it was fact or the truth. He just said that maybe he heard it through the grapevine. Oh and apologies if you are not a he...just an assumption.

The correct procedure by a reporter would surely be to interview Mekare and find out what happened rather than look to the sky and see clouds that look like cake but are not really cake, they are clouds.

evilleprechaun
Posted 4/12/2009 7:57 PM (#25965 - in reply to #25885)

Veteran

Tresor, it is an opinion piece. Not a factual report. If you don't agree with the views, you're welcome to talk to the reporter instead of calling them out on the forums. Mekare is the subject of attacks for taking over the town in the first place, not solely because of this article. Don't shift blame away to the reporters just because they didn't show you as saviors as you'd like to be portrayed.

Again I will say it: it is an opinion piece and therefore subject to the information available. It is not required to be fair or balanced.
Tresor
Posted 4/13/2009 1:42 AM (#26041 - in reply to #25965)

Extreme Veteran

evilleprechaun - 4/12/2009 12:57 PM Tresor, it is an opinion piece. Not a factual report. If you don't agree with the views, you're welcome to talk to the reporter instead of calling them out on the forums. Mekare is the subject of attacks for taking over the town in the first place, not solely because of this article. Don't shift blame away to the reporters just because they didn't show you as saviors as you'd like to be portrayed. Again I will say it: it is an opinion piece and therefore subject to the information available. It is not required to be fair or balanced.

You imply Mekare wanted to be seen as a saviour. Now that was never mentioned in my response, period. My response never even mentioned what you claim. Furthermore I was never told it was an opinion piece - I have spoken to the reporter and at the start they told me their mantra was to report the truth, in this case that has not happened.

hellawickedz
Posted 4/13/2009 6:59 AM (#26078 - in reply to #15289)

Veteran

You did say she got harrased because of getting her shares back and 'being above the rules'. None of this had even happened when the article was written. So really that's nothing to do with the reporter at all....once again...he did say 'it is reported'.
The whole cake cloud thing. You know when you look in the sky it is a cloud not a cake. That is fact. When someone calls a meeting and loses 200 shares on Goonzu......there is no saying whether they called the meeting early or not.
Throw blame, by all means do it. If she's been harrased it's only fair, but don't blame the wrong person after so long. And ask Mekare to talk to those who mocked her and harrased her. I think coming to the forums, I don't know, maybe to get a reaction (you seem to have a tallent in getting reactions).
All I'm saying is, don't blame the wrong person.....blame me, Tanju, Fizz, Bama....I don't mind, but the reporter isn't to blame for mockery.
Tresor
Posted 4/13/2009 7:05 AM (#26079 - in reply to #26078)

Extreme Veteran

hellawickedz - 4/12/2009 11:59 PM You did say she got harrased because of getting her shares back and 'being above the rules'. None of this had even happened when the article was written. So really that's nothing to do with the reporter at all....once again...he did say 'it is reported'. The whole cake cloud thing. You know when you look in the sky it is a cloud not a cake. That is fact. When someone calls a meeting and loses 200 shares on Goonzu......there is no saying whether they called the meeting early or not. Throw blame, by all means do it. If she's been harrased it's only fair, but don't blame the wrong person after so long. And ask Mekare to talk to those who mocked her and harrased her. I think coming to the forums, I don't know, maybe to get a reaction (you seem to have a tallent in getting reactions). All I'm saying is, don't blame the wrong person.....blame me, Tanju, Fizz, Bama....I don't mind, but the reporter isn't to blame for mockery.

With all due respect the people that did mock Mekare read this article, they attacked Mekare based on what this article stated, now please I am not here for a fight and do not wish this to go on and on and onnnnnnnnn, I have made my point and that is that. I only responded to this now because I only read it the day I responded. If there is an official reporter I expect truth - that is not too much to ask for, is it. Mekare got her shares back very quickly - If I was to bet on it, she had them returned prior to this even being printed. Now it only takes a whisper some proper investigation to get the story.

Waterbaby
Posted 4/13/2009 7:27 AM (#26082 - in reply to #15289)

Extreme Veteran

I'm a bit confused here....
If mekare got her shares back so quickly...then how come Tresor you havent got yours back yet ...you were talking about it in
bama saying you lost them over a year ago and still havent recieved them back...
Just curious...
Also i reckon ....SUE the reporter !! LOL :P
Tresor
Posted 4/13/2009 7:31 AM (#26085 - in reply to #26082)

Extreme Veteran

Waterbaby - 4/13/2009 12:27 AM I'm a bit confused here.... If mekare got her shares back so quickly...then how come Tresor you havent got yours back yet ...you were talking about it in bama saying you lost them over a year ago and still havent recieved them back... Just curious... Also i reckon ....SUE the reporter !! LOL :P

My situation happened a long time ago and is still being looked into.  Mekare dealt with a different GM who cleared her issue up pronto.

TheKirinPickle
Posted 4/13/2009 3:38 PM (#26286 - in reply to #15289)

If everyone pulled out their local Newspaper, they would find that reporters never-ever report with 100% accuracy. NEVER. If they took the time to gather all the facts, that would make them an investigative reporter, not a satirist such as the poor misaligned GZInformant. If you want truth in reporting...turn on FOX news for an unbiased report. Come on now....this is satire at best...its not the real world.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)