x

VFUN Message

VFUN Login history

You can check login success logs for the last 3 months.

Login date(UTC) Login IP
No login log exists for the last 3 months.
x

VFUN Message

VFUN Sign In

luminary

luminary
Game is running.
Announcements    |   Account     |    Guide     |     GoonZu    |     Downloads    |    Item Mall    |     G Coin
Luminary Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Luminary Weapon Design Contest Winners!
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   World of Luminary -> Event CornerMessage format

Meow
Posted 6/11/2009 1:56 AM (#45917 - in reply to #45803)
Subject: RE: Luminary Weapon Design Contest Winners!

After seeing all those 4 weapons won by the same person, I'm quite disgusted. Wouldn't it have been better to chose 6 different winners for all categories instead of doing favoritism and chosing (what I think is) a good friend of some GM?

I've been looking at all the weapon designs submitted on the forums, and some looked a lot better than Issabella's, so I don't quite understand your choice...

Anyway, this might be an exemple of ndoors being corrupted too. I thought when leaving Ijji and Dak, we wouldn't have to deal with this anymore, but apparently I was wrong... :/
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arianette
Posted 6/11/2009 2:10 AM (#45918 - in reply to #45917)

Veteran

Meow - 6/11/2009 1:56 AM

After seeing all those 4 weapons won by the same person, I'm quite disgusted. Wouldn't it have been better to chose 6 different winners for all categories instead of doing favoritism and chosing (what I think is) a good friend of some GM?

I've been looking at all the weapon designs submitted on the forums, and some looked a lot better than Issabella's, so I don't quite understand your choice...

Anyway, this might be an exemple of ndoors being corrupted too. I thought when leaving Ijji and Dak, we wouldn't have to deal with this anymore, but apparently I was wrong... :/

Are you inside my head? Seriously, AMEN!
Izzy
Posted 6/11/2009 2:39 AM (#45921 - in reply to #45918)
Subject: Re: Luminary Weapon Design Contest Winners!

Extreme Veteran

I dont know any GMs, in fact I dont think Ive ever had any contact with them in game or out. Maybe if more people entered you'd see a different result. And like I said, it might not have been just as simple as "best design", but more, best fitting and easiest to put in the game. I saw some people design some really cool looking bows, but they were too detailed, which would be ok if Luminary was a 3d game with much larger characters, but the weapons for Luminary are pretty small, my designs took advantage of that fact and Id like to think thats why I won 4 of the catagories. If in future you want to see more diversity in winners, enter yourself and make sure your friends do too, dont take it out on me because I actually entered. I take pride in the fact I've won 4, but I know if Necro would have entered more she'd have probably whiped the floor with mine, so again, its down to people not entering.

Edit @ Rel. Yes I understand mine were similar to stuff in game, but that was exactly my idea, play on the style of things already in game. I could have quite easily done something completely un luminary like that had uber detail and look far cooler than anything I entered, but the chance of a design winning that didnt fit the style of luminary was very slim, I had maybe 5-10 other designs I did that I didnt even bother entering because I knew they were either too detailed or wouldnt fit with the style of luminary. I improved my chances simply by being as simple as I could and sticking with the sort of things I thought they would like to see.
I admit, there was pretty similar stuff posted by other people, but I guess my style edged them out? maybe it was the use of colours, maybe it was just the fact that there werent as many entrys as you actually think.
There are probably lots of reasons they took 2 months to decide, but I dont think favouritism was one of them.
PRODUCT is whats important, they put something in game they thought could boost it, were it came from (server wise) wouldnt matter, because they will be implemented on all the servers, and chances are, on the other version of the game too.
I have experience in design, and even though I didnt put all my technical ability into my designs, my thought process never left the design process for industry, which is, give your client what they want!

Im kinda offended that people are taking it so personally and say its all down to favouritism, I think I just got lucky and played it smart. Bad luck for those who didnt win, but I HOPE they do more contest like this in future, and I hope more people take part just to prove that its not the server you come from that matters.

Edited by Izzy 6/11/2009 2:54 AM
Arianette
Posted 6/11/2009 3:07 AM (#45923 - in reply to #45921)

Veteran

Izzy - 6/11/2009 2:39 AM

I dont know any GMs, in fact I dont think Ive ever had any contact with them in game or out. Maybe if more people entered you'd see a different result. And like I said, it might not have been just as simple as "best design", but more, best fitting and easiest to put in the game. I saw some people design some really cool looking bows, but they were too detailed, which would be ok if Luminary was a 3d game with much larger characters, but the weapons for Luminary are pretty small, my designs took advantage of that fact and Id like to think thats why I won 4 of the catagories. If in future you want to see more diversity in winners, enter yourself and make sure your friends do too, dont take it out on me because I actually entered. I take pride in the fact I've won 4, but I know if Necro would have entered more she'd have probably whiped the floor with mine, so again, its down to people not entering.

?

Edit @ Rel. Yes I understand mine were similar to stuff in game, but that was exactly my idea, play on the style of things already in game. I could have quite easily done something completely un luminary like that had uber detail and look far cooler than anything I entered, but the chance of a design winning that didnt fit the style of luminary was very slim, I had maybe 5-10 other designs I did that I didnt even bother entering because I knew they were either too detailed or wouldnt fit with the style of luminary. I improved my chances simply by being as simple as I could and sticking with the sort of things I thought they would like to see.
I admit, there was pretty similar stuff posted by other people, but I guess my style edged them out? maybe it was the use of colours, maybe it was just the fact that there werent as many entrys as you actually think.
There are probably lots of reasons they took 2 months to decide, but I dont think favouritism was one of them.
PRODUCT is whats important, they put something in game they thought could boost it, were it came from (server wise) wouldnt matter, because they will be implemented on all the servers, and chances are, on the other version of the game too.
I have experience in design, and even though I didnt put all my technical ability into my designs, my thought process never left the design process for industry, which is, give your client what they want!

Im kinda offended that people are taking it so personally and say its all down to favouritism, I think I just got lucky and played it smart. Bad luck for those who didnt win, but I HOPE they do more contest like this in future, and I hope more people take part just to prove that its not the server you come from that matters.

Necro's design was by far one of the most detailed weapons submitted so there goes your argument that winners were picked based on a lack of detail. And Necro did submit more than one entry, so so much for her kicking your butt. Rel's point wasn't that you designs were similar to in game weapons, it was that they were almost exactly the same as already existing weapons, same goes for the winning sword. Way too many people entered this contest for one person win 4 of the 6 catagories and that is what is upsetting people. I dont think anyone was intending to offend you by saying the GM's are biased. It's not that I think that you are friends with them, it's that they obviously like Zeus better than Hera and Athena, and this becomes more and more apparent every day. It's extremely frustrating being from Hera and seeing Zeus getting treated so well when we are not. Our 200% bonus was started almost 10 hours late when Zeus had their bonus going from the start. Zeus got an extra Lucky Raccoon Pouch giveaway during NDoors' anniversary when Hera and Athena did not. Take a look at the monthly newsletter, there are 2 articles about the previous and new GoonZu on Zeus and not one word said about Hera or Athena. According to the newsletter we might as well not exist. You cant tell me that you really think that the GMs treat all the servers the same...

Edited by Arianette 6/11/2009 3:11 AM
Izzy
Posted 6/11/2009 3:13 AM (#45924 - in reply to #45923)

Extreme Veteran

I think your all over exagerating. Ive played Zues for a long time and I can tell you that since Hera and Athena came along we havent had half as much attention as we used to. The relevance of your arguements is pointless. I won, the end.
Im sure a GM will be along soon enough to reasure you that this whole favouritism thing is just silly.
Rel
Posted 6/11/2009 3:27 AM (#45926 - in reply to #45803)

Veteran

You got me wrong if you think I am putting you down. I feel bad for you in all honesty because frankly a lot of players will prolly dislike you now. Weird gm favorite rumors and stuff don't go away. Like arian said I don't think you were butt buddies with gms or anything, butt I am sure other players will.

My intention wasn't to fight or even debate with you. Although I did snicker a bit when you said why you won, makes it sound like you did talk to the gms or whatever.. kinda ironic.

As for the taking 2 months they either just didn't get around to it forever or didn't announce it till after they had finished putting the designs into the game. Doesn't matter either way really.

Being as you just posted before I finished and you sound angry now I will make a funny comment. If a GM steps in to defend you it only emphisizes our point further. I think they will know better lol. I understand you getting upset because of the criticism but I would show modesty, or people will just get more angry at you.

I think this will be my last response, because its not a player or even gm issue prolly, its a finacial advisor, dev, or management issue with ndoors that we gms or god can simply do nothing about.
Izzy
Posted 6/11/2009 3:39 AM (#45928 - in reply to #45926)

Extreme Veteran

I dont think it matters either way, gms had no say in the winning design, they stated in the multiple threads before that it was a developers who picked.
Im happy I won, well, Im happy my spear one as thats the only one I'll be using, the rest are just a bonus.
Im proud to have participated with other great artists, necro in particular, and regardless of what anyone thinks of me or this contest, I hope they will enter future events without feeling its biased.
I enjoy these types of things, its not the first time Ive entered something and won despite thinking I didnt stand a chance, but Im pleased that my lack of faith in my self is always proven wrong.
Meow
Posted 6/11/2009 3:39 AM (#45929 - in reply to #45921)

Izzy - 6/11/2009 11:39 AM

A lot of people did enter, and not only some of them had better designs than yours, but in my opinion, they would fit lumi's design better.
As for "not enough people entering the contest", you clearly haven't checked all the people submitting their weapon designs. I did enter the contest too, and so did some of my friends.
Btw I'm not taking it out on you, I'm just pissed that the GM's chose the winners so unfairly.
xLadyXesibe
Posted 6/11/2009 3:54 AM (#45930 - in reply to #45803)

Expert

<p>It is maybe unfair to pick the same person for each category, but this is GMs choice, when they showed us the finalist they were all pretty good. I especially loved DragonxCloud's sword xD I understand what you guys mean and some are upset/disapointed but hey! Look at this, she/he won many times so what :l Just do more entries and better luck next time ^--^ But picking the same person doesn't really mean they are biased/favoritism or w/e I believe there was more than 1 person voting and discussing about which is the best (to them). I won't go too deep into my comment and details  but that's just my opinion <br /></p>

Edited by xLadyXesibe 6/11/2009 3:57 AM
Meow
Posted 6/11/2009 4:02 AM (#45932 - in reply to #45803)

I do agree that the sword, cane and spear were really good, but I really think there were better designs for the rest. In my opinion, the axe/bow and gun were quite ugly compared to what other people have submitted :/
I hope they'll choose more fairly next time..
Rel
Posted 6/11/2009 4:04 AM (#45933 - in reply to #45930)

Veteran

xLadyXesibe - 6/11/2009 3:54 AM

It is maybe unfair to pick the same person for each category, but this is GMs choice, when they showed us the finalist they were all pretty good. I especially loved DragonxCloud's sword xD I understand what you guys mean and some are upset/disapointed but hey! Look at this, she/he won many times so what :l Just do more entries and better luck next time ^--^ But picking the same person doesn't really mean they are biased/favoritism or w/e I believe there was more than 1 person voting and discussing about which is the best (to them). I won't go too deep into my comment and details? but that's just my opinion

they showed us the finalists?
PrinceOfWar
Posted 6/11/2009 4:33 AM (#45934 - in reply to #45803)

Regular

Dev team saw all designs.It took them 2 months to pick winners. GM announce, and now it's time for whiners. LOL

Grats eveyone for all designs.

the contest was about people designing weapons and they will pick the winners, it's not about what do u like or prefer.

Edited by PrinceOfWar 6/11/2009 4:57 AM
xLadyXesibe
Posted 6/11/2009 4:34 AM (#45935 - in reply to #45803)

Expert

yes they did but not for long
Rel
Posted 6/11/2009 4:41 AM (#45937 - in reply to #45935)

Veteran

xLadyXesibe - 6/11/2009 4:34 AM

yes they did but not for long

how where?
Roflwaffle
Posted 6/11/2009 4:44 AM (#45938 - in reply to #45935)

Extreme Veteran

less qq
and more pewpew
why not ask the gms why they picked winners?
all izzy knows is he won
from his designs
i doubt the gms went to him and said
hi izzy
you won the contest
4 out of 6 cl***es
and this is why
(insert why)
gms dont talk much other than
updating,
and replying to stuff
ask them a question to why they chose his designs
im sure they will reply
gtfo izzy back
ty ^_^
Arianette
Posted 6/11/2009 4:46 AM (#45939 - in reply to #45937)

Veteran

GMs didnt pick the winners, developers did. Either way they aren't gonna tell us why they were so unfair when picking...
fayeran
Posted 6/11/2009 4:52 AM (#45940 - in reply to #45803)

Regular

i didnt mind cuz GM & DEV team choosen them AND there is NO RULE that 1 person can win only 1 weapon type (even for 1 person win 4 rewards at the same time i think its too many...)

btw congratz izzy again =D

Edited by fayeran 6/11/2009 4:54 AM
Izzy
Posted 6/11/2009 4:57 AM (#45941 - in reply to #45803)

Extreme Veteran

=3 Whatever their reasons were, I highly doubt they were unfair.
After looking back through the thread that people posted their designs in all I saw were bows + swords, 1 gun that burrow posted, a few axes, 1 spear, and maybe 2-3 canes.
Since I didnt enter a cane or sword, that eliminates half of that entire thread. The gun that burrow submitted was awesome, and if Id have been judging, Id have probably picked it over mine without a thought, HOWEVER, most guns are quite dark themed in nature, so maybe they picked mine because they wanted a few more "good themed" guns.
The bows were all quite sparkly and fun and nice, but in game, there arent really many dark themed bows, so maybe that why the picked my bow, again, its just a maybe, but if you look back and then take into consideration whats already in game, maybe they picked designs that werent going to over power certain styles.
The axe, even though it may be similar shape to the devils axe is kinda funky, just how i wanted it, i didnt think for one second it would even be considered as I was all "WOO NEON LIGHTS" when I was drawing it lol, but looking at some of the other axes posted, they were all quite dark/devilish so maybe they just wanted something a little more fun?
The other spear posted in the thread was great, I actually would have loved to see it in game, but the green and black one I designed is quite unique colour wise and style wise so I guess they wanted something different.

Out of all my designs the only ones I actually thought were good was the abel style spear that didnt win, so I cant exactly say for certain why they picked which ones, but if you looked in game at what was already available "theme wise", maybe they wanted things that would break up dark/light patterns in the weapons available.

I dont really know, all I can say is I saw some pretty good designs, but im sure there were loads people didnt post in that topic and those are probably the ones Im most curious to see.

Grats to the other 2 winners and everyone who participated, it would have been nice to see all finalists get a prize even if they didnt win, but Im not a gm/developer so thats not upto me.
I can however say that all this talk of unfairness and biasedness is ridiculous and everyone should stop jumping to conclusions.

Sorry for alllllll the posting, but as an artist you should be proud of what you do even if you dont win, that being said, I would love to see other peoples entries that they didnt post in the topic before, because everyone deserves some credit for entering <3
Roflwaffle
Posted 6/11/2009 5:06 AM (#45944 - in reply to #45941)

Extreme Veteran

Arianette - 6/11/2009 3:07 AM

I dont think anyone was intending to offend you by saying the GM's are biased. It's not that I think that you are friends with them, it's that they obviously like Zeus better than Hera and Athena, and this becomes more and more apparent every day.

thenn
Arianette 6/11/2009 4:46 AM
GMs didnt pick the winners, developers did. Either way they aren't gonna tell us why they were so unfair when picking...

so you say that izzy is friends with gms and say that they were choosing him cause he was from zeus
then state devs chose the winners and not gms?

lol?
cant you be happy for him?
he put in the effort of posting for nearly most the cl***es
and sometimes more than 1 item
he won
the end
better luck next time?

Rezitzu
Posted 6/11/2009 5:33 AM (#45946 - in reply to #45944)

Extreme Veteran

This is quite funny actually does no one realize that people have taste??? Your saying you liked the spear but didn't like the rest of Izzy's designs. Well i didn't like the spear but i thought the Axe was awesome. Its all down to peoples tastes.

Some people like some things, other people like other things. The Dev's like Izzy's Designs, you didn't. Its that simple.

Gratz on all the winning entries.
Rezitzu
Posted 6/11/2009 5:39 AM (#45948 - in reply to #45833)

Extreme Veteran

Interpid - 6/10/2009 2:00 AM

Izzy - 6/10/2009 5:51 PM For anyone curious, I also entered two other spears, which can be found on my DA here - http://graphicsamurai.deviantart.com/art/Spear-Designs-123674214 =] Yeh necro youd have probably won all catagories if you did more than 1 xD then Id be left out aha

?

aww why couldnt the blue one won

I think that Red one is an absolute beast! I wouldn't mind having an R10 Fire one of them

Would be all shining and firey, that would be so sweet.
Izzy
Posted 6/11/2009 5:50 AM (#45950 - in reply to #45948)

Extreme Veteran

aha ty, I was hoping thats the one that'd win if any, i wanted it to match my abel set lolxD
forumfireflare
Posted 6/11/2009 6:35 AM (#45957 - in reply to #45803)

Expert

1. grats izzy!
2. ever think Zeus is more looked after cuz it needs more help?... theres alot more people in Zeus than all of the ijji servers combined x2.
3. Why do people keep spelling Zeus wrong? its "Zeus" not Zues.
4. Izzy your gun is super ugly sorry. .. I'm sad that luminarians can not come up with a more bad*** gun... we don't need any more fluffy guns... heart gun satisfies that way more than necessary.
5. I agree that different people should have been selected but not for the same reasons as the obsessed-with-Zeus-favoritism ijjians. They take 2 months to decide a winner and then pick 4 from all the same person?... maybe the devs are on drugs and were high. :| I'm offering that solution since no GM is willing to stand up and explain their (devs) choices.

~Snook
Rel
Posted 6/11/2009 7:53 AM (#45968 - in reply to #45944)

Veteran

Roflwaffle - 6/11/2009 5:06 AM

Arianette - 6/11/2009 3:07 AM

I dont think anyone was intending to offend you by saying the GM's are biased. It's not that I think that you are friends with them, it's that they obviously like Zeus better than Hera and Athena, and this becomes more and more apparent every day.

thenn
Arianette 6/11/2009 4:46 AM

so you say that izzy is friends with gms and say that they were choosing him cause he was from zeus
then state devs chose the winners and not gms?

lol?
cant you be happy for him?
he put in the effort of posting for nearly most the cl***es
and sometimes more than 1 item
he won
the end
better luck next time?

waffle you obviously didn't take the time to read what we said, because what your saying about the posts isn't even close to what was typed out by either of us
Rezitzu - 6/11/2009 5:33 AM

This is quite funny actually does no one realize that people have taste??? Your saying you liked the spear but didn't like the rest of Izzy's designs. Well i didn't like the spear but i thought the Axe was awesome. Its all down to peoples tastes.

Some people like some things, other people like other things. The Dev's like Izzy's Designs, you didn't. Its that simple.

Gratz on all the winning entries.

if this is directed at me then you obviously didn't take the time to read what I said either

as far as favoritism I could go on for hours explaining examples of how it seems true, but apperently the truth is not exactly as I thought it was.

I found today that ndoors still only truely owns zeus. Hera and Athena, apperently, are still owned or something by ijji and so ndoors is limited in what it can do for hera or athena, I think. Later I will try and post the email about this sent by ndoors if it isn't against the ToS I got ban threats on Ijji for that from gms. It flat out proclaims that Ndoors knows that Zeus gets perks not avalible to hera and athena, but ndoors and NhN is working to fix this dealing with ijji to try and find a way to give us all the same whatever you want to call it. Whether or not this is an excuse or an issue of intelectual property rights or whatever I don't know.. point being zeus, whether or not it is by favoritism or company funneling property rights issues, gets things Hera and Athena do not.

I don't even care to bother to argue or debate about the contest because A you don't understand what I am saying, my lazy typing or your lazy reading.. don't know don't care... B I never wanted too argue about it and I said it wasn't a player issue, it was an issue I had with the management of Ndoors. C Everyones anger arrogance w/e is frustrating me to no end while I tried to remain polite and nice D E F G etc.
I'm done your, frankly, all childish goodnight Im so irritated

yah i know I will prolly respond again to vent my anger at the upcomming posts.. cya soon

Edited by Rel 6/11/2009 8:02 AM
Arianette
Posted 6/11/2009 8:09 AM (#45969 - in reply to #45968)

Veteran

Look, favoritism aside, it is NOT FAIR that one person won 4/6 of the categories. Even if it was someone from Hera or Athena I would still be pissed. I said it before that I didn't think that Izzy won because she is friends with the GMs but you obviously cant read so w/e. AND an NDoors rep straight out told me that Zeus get's more perks than we do so be in denial all you want but it's true.I am done arguing this because obviously no one who responds is even bothering to fully read or comprehend what we are saying so this is all totally pointless.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)