x

VFUN Message

VFUN Login history

You can check login success logs for the last 3 months.

Login date(UTC) Login IP
No login log exists for the last 3 months.
x

VFUN Message

VFUN Sign In

luminary

luminary
Game is running.
Announcements    |   Account     |    Guide     |     GoonZu    |     Downloads    |    Item Mall    |     G Coin
Luminary Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Luminary Weapon Design Contest Winners!
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   World of Luminary -> Event CornerMessage format

forumfireflare
Posted 6/11/2009 11:15 AM (#46009 - in reply to #45969)
Subject: Re: Luminary Weapon Design Contest Winners!

Expert

Rel
I found today that ndoors still only truely owns zeus. Hera and Athena, apperently, are still owned or something by ijji and so ndoors is limited in what it can do for hera or athena, I think. Later I will try and post the email about this sent by ndoors if it isn't against the ToS I got ban threats on Ijji for that from gms. It flat out proclaims that Ndoors knows that Zeus gets perks not avalible to hera and athena, but ndoors and NhN is working to fix this dealing with ijji to try and find a way to give us all the same whatever you want to call it. Whether or not this is an excuse or an issue of intelectual property rights or whatever I don't know.. point being zeus, whether or not it is by favoritism or company funneling property rights issues, gets things Hera and Athena do not.

If this is true, and I'll give u da benefit of the doubt (becuz I'm an American... and we give Obama d benefit of the doubt everyday ^^)... then there's no reason to keep whining about it in each topic. There's nothing you can do about it. Just deal with it or move to another game where servers are equally treated ^^.

Arianette
I am done arguing this

yay!

waffle
this topic was for winners
not whiners

lol... we can politely discuss without whining :p
Top of the page Bottom of the page
the5star
Posted 6/11/2009 12:48 PM (#46046 - in reply to #45803)

Expert

GZ TO ALL WINNER AND IZZY FOR ZEUS!!!!
XSEFONE
Posted 6/11/2009 1:07 PM (#46050 - in reply to #45803)
Subject: RE: Luminary Weapon Design Contest Winners!

Elite Veteran

grats guys...but i rly think that's unfair...no1 in athena won...and "blakemoso" did a great job ...is not fair win 4 times with 4 different weapons..btw is not ISSABELLA fault,delevopers did something wrong...it was more cool if different peoples was winning...not if only 1player win with 4 different weapons.i'm not attacking you ISSABELLA,i just think developers did not good job.other players have partecipated too,and they did good job too
Gorz
Posted 6/11/2009 1:43 PM (#46057 - in reply to #46050)

O HO ddyyaaaammmmnnnnn! didn't even win one, Tense

Gratz Isabella, Xoite, and Necro < Cane gets ratings ;]
Necrodisiac
Posted 6/11/2009 2:15 PM (#46063 - in reply to #45803)

Extreme Veteran

fyi. i only entered one design. that cane you guys see is the only design ive got..
Necrodisiac
Posted 6/11/2009 2:28 PM (#46067 - in reply to #45803)

Extreme Veteran

btw.. arian.. i only entered one design.. that cane was the only design i finished and submitted. anywhooo grats to every1. i don't think they can undo the decision. but if i had more time then, i would've designed a bad*** gun. i agree that the heart gun satisfies all the fluffiness needed. but yea, i ended up just making an evil cane, luminary wasn't in my mind then, i just wanted to design a demon themed cane since all the other canes look very luminary-like. my design was dedicated to genocide and i thought that if i won, he might come back so that we can enchant it for him. oh well, that didn't make him come back. xD if anyone wants to see a bigger and more detailed version of the cane, here's the link: http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs44/f/2009/117/4/c/A_Harlequin__s_Wrath...
Necrodisiac
Posted 6/11/2009 2:29 PM (#46069 - in reply to #46050)

Extreme Veteran

XSEFONE - 6/11/2009 4:07 PM

grats guys...but i rly think that's unfair...no1 in athena won...and "blakemoso" did a great job ...is not fair win 4 times with 4 different weapons..btw is not ISSABELLA fault,delevopers did something wrong...it was more cool if different peoples was winning...not if only 1player win with 4 different weapons.i'm not attacking you ISSABELLA,i just think developers did not good job.other players have partecipated too,and they did good job too

i personally liked your bow xsefone! wish it won the bow category. and yea, blake had awesome designs too. i liked a few of his swords.
Necrodisiac
Posted 6/11/2009 2:31 PM (#46070 - in reply to #46057)

Extreme Veteran

Gorz - 6/11/2009 4:43 PM

O HO ddyyaaaammmmnnnnn! didn't even win one, Tense

Gratz Isabella, Xoite, and Necro < Cane gets ratings ;]

;D ty
AfterDawn
Posted 6/11/2009 2:58 PM (#46082 - in reply to #45803)

Regular

I read till second page.. *stretches* reading the rest is too troublesome.

Personally, you saying the axe designs were darkish or whatever.. I took offence to. The Axe I done fitted Luminaries vibe, and so was another ( some sort of saw axe "Clockwork axe" i believe. Now, forget for a second I posted an axe. I dislike yours.. Alot. I like everything, but the Axe and the bow... They are boring... Really. With the others posted, I was feeling nervous for my own design, if the clockwork axe won, I would of considered tin-tin'ing my red moons.

Izzy, please don't take offence because I think your a good designer, and i agree 95% with you wanting the designs to be similar to the ones already In-Game.. But to me that defeats the purpose of this competition. The Developers will always make similar weapons, because that's what they do, giving us the chance should give a different forms of innovation.

I really think this contest should of been chosen by the community. Before you bring that "but but developers need to put it in game D: omg omg" .. LOOK AT THE CANE!... And then consider the ninja spirit.. tbh they don't fit in the game.. seriously look at them.. they are sprites.

Too detailed hmm... your developers, tone it down.

If anything choose finalists, open a vote, and let the community decide... anything wrong with that?
Gorz
Posted 6/11/2009 3:07 PM (#46083 - in reply to #46082)

its a bit deep still..
XSEFONE
Posted 6/11/2009 3:56 PM (#46087 - in reply to #46069)

Elite Veteran

Necrodisiac - 6/11/2009 11:29 PM
XSEFONE - 6/11/2009 4:07 PMgrats guys...but i rly think that's unfair...no1 in athena won...and "blakemoso" did a great job ...is not fair win 4 times with 4 different weapons..btw is not ISSABELLA fault,delevopers did something wrong...it was more cool if different peoples was winning...not if only 1player win with 4 different weapons.i'm not attacking you ISSABELLA,i just think developers did not good job.other players have partecipated too,and they did good job too
i personally liked your bow xsefone! wish it won the bow category. and yea, blake had awesome designs too. i liked a few of his swords.
i love ur cane too :3 btw,i just got bad luck lol grats necro^^u deserved that ;D
Izzy
Posted 6/11/2009 5:07 PM (#46098 - in reply to #46087)

Extreme Veteran

Its all a matter of personal taste, and regardless of what anyone thinks, the devs picked the ones they liked... so yeh I happened to design 4 of them, but if I submitted each under different names without telling anyone and still won, would you be happier or would people still complain that they were from the same server or just that THEY didnt like the design?
Seriously, for all the people here that have said they dont like certain things, Ive had double as many in game say they love them, so it is just personal taste. I'd only ever hoped that my spears would do well, none of the others really bothered me, I entered them just for the kicks of it.

Plus, I wouldnt even consider any of the winners "finished" designs, Im sure the devs will tweak and change them to their own liking too, so even if you dont like what you see right now, they might surprise you and do something cool with them.

Im sorry for everyone that didnt win, everyone submitted some great stuff, but they were obviously looking for something in particular and I just happened to fill the brief.
Xsefone, your bows were nice, imo the spear you entered was better than the bows, Id have happily used that spear too, but unfortunatly they picked mine instead.

As far as letting people have a design contest so they can make something different, well, thats just not how life is, people dont like change, they want a certain look and image and thats just how the design industry works =/
I didnt design weapons for me, I designed weapons for luminary, simple as, I could have done something crazy that Id have loved, but I gave them what they wanted instead.
As for AfterDawn, I dont mean to offend you either, I didnt say ALL the axes were dark/devilish, I liked your axe, the blue and grey one right? It was a good design, but it probably just wasnt what they were looking for, mines not be fantastic, but it kinda has a funky guitar neon lights kinda vibe to it, which is pretty different to whats in game right now.
The bows that everyone designed were great, there were a whole lot of bow entrys by the looks of it, but if you go back through the thread, how many had a dark nature? how many in game have a dark nature? Very few Id say, my bow design brings it to the table and IS different regardless of how you look at things.
The gun I designed was just for the lulz, my bro saw that it won and the first thing he said was "jeez I cant believe you even entered that piece of crap" lol, but at the same time, the heart gun is the only real "fluffy bunnys and rainbows" kinda gun in game, so why not add another one? you might think "yeh one is enough", but obviously they didnt think so. I left the gun pretty basic, just outlines, didnt go into depth on the shape, or how the wing on top looked if you held it forward, they have the freedom to do anything they want with that design really.

Again, Im sorry you all feel so bad, but from my experience, giving people what they want instead of what you want, usually gets the job done.

TBH I didnt think Necros cane would win, when I saw it my jaw dropped and I was like "wow", but I thought the devs would turn and run at the face of having to implement that in game and try and keep all the details, and I really hope they can keep of much of the detail as possible coz its a fantastic design.
The sword is great too, and yeh I kinda prefered Gorz's Sword, but Im sure the devs felt they could just do more with the one that did win. Blakes were good also, but the style of Gorz made it really stand out, but again, maybe thats why the devs didnt chose it who knows.

Like I said, dont take any as a final design, Im sure the devs will have their way with them.

As for the whole community vote thing, we all know people have hundreds of mules, so how would that make it any fairer?
I dont know if many of you know this, but Ndoors development team is huge, 100+ people or so, if they all had a vote, wouldnt that be fairer than everyone loading up their mules in game to vote?

I take great pride in being part of this event, we have some great designers playing this game and for future events you'll all get another shot at it, dont give up just because you didnt win this time, there will always be other contests to enter, other chances of winning.

Id just like to say one last thing before I jump out of all this drama..

Thank you to all the people who congratulated me, not only on the forums but all the great response Ive had in game too. Also thank you to Ndoors for bringing such diverse competitions to us, Ive never entered any of the story/written stuff because Im no good at it, but I enjoyed being a part of this and I hope everyone else did too.
Grats to the other 2 winners and not just them, but everyone who entered.

Thats all from me, over and out =]
AfterDawn
Posted 6/11/2009 5:57 PM (#46105 - in reply to #45803)

Regular

Meh... What's done is done.
Lala
Posted 6/11/2009 9:05 PM (#46142 - in reply to #45803)

Expert

wow 20k gcoins grats issa
Reborn
Posted 6/12/2009 1:06 AM (#46211 - in reply to #45833)

Elite Veteran

Interpid - 6/10/2009 6:00 PM

?

aww why couldnt the blue one won

Lesser color = easiler for it to be implement into the game
Prizes should be rewarded to the choosen winners but I think they should post out all the design.
Then have players vote on which weapon to be added into the game =p
XSEFONE
Posted 6/12/2009 12:39 PM (#46297 - in reply to #45803)

Elite Veteran

aww izzy,i never sayd i dont like ur wepons,i like expecially the spear u made!!!ur designs are great,it was not attacking you =) my tone is friendly ^^

Edited by XSEFONE 6/12/2009 12:40 PM
BlackPixie
Posted 1/4/2010 3:17 PM (#91547 - in reply to #45803)

Elite Veteran

When is it that we can actually be expecting to see these implemented into the game, I mean it isn't like we've waited ovr 6 months for it or anything (obvious sracasm).

Edited by BlackPixie 1/4/2010 3:18 PM
Froot
Posted 1/4/2010 5:42 PM (#91571 - in reply to #45829)

Elite Veteran

Izzy - 6/10/2009 8:51 PM

For anyone curious, I also entered two other spears, which can be found on my DA here -
http://graphicsamurai.deviantart.com/art/Spear-Designs-123674214
=]
Yeh necro youd have probably won all catagories if you did more than 1 xD then Id be left out aha

ur a guy?
one of ur portrait says "me" so..
Necrodisiac
Posted 1/4/2010 10:48 PM (#91606 - in reply to #91547)

Extreme Veteran

BlackPixie - 1/4/2010 6:17 PM

When is it that we can actually be expecting to see these implemented into the game, I mean it isn't like we've waited ovr 6 months for it or anything (obvious sracasm).

not until i get my prize lol.
SharShar
Posted 1/5/2010 6:13 AM (#91644 - in reply to #91606)

Expert

woah, and I thought 7 months to get my prize was a long time...
I hope you get your prizes soon. It has been way too long already.
Izzy
Posted 1/5/2010 11:33 AM (#91676 - in reply to #91571)

Extreme Veteran

Froot - 1/5/2010 1:42 AM
Izzy - 6/10/2009 8:51 PM For anyone curious, I also entered two other spears, which can be found on my DA here - http://graphicsamurai.deviantart.com/art/Spear-Designs-123674214 =] Yeh necro youd have probably won all catagories if you did more than 1 xD then Id be left out aha
ur a guy? one of ur portrait says "me" so..

Aha yeh xD Most people dont really realise unless they are in the same guild/town as me xD I make no effort to correct peoples ***umptions, its much easier to go with the flow xD

But yes, Im a guy... dun dun dun! (plenty of times people dont even believe me when I try to tell them Im male haha)

Froot
Posted 1/5/2010 4:01 PM (#91736 - in reply to #91676)

Elite Veteran

Izzy - 1/5/2010 2:33 PM

Froot - 1/5/2010 1:42 AM
Izzy - 6/10/2009 8:51 PM For anyone curious, I also entered two other spears, which can be found on my DA here - http://graphicsamurai.deviantart.com/art/Spear-Designs-123674214 =] Yeh necro youd have probably won all catagories if you did more than 1 xD then Id be left out aha
ur a guy? one of ur portrait says "me" so..

?

Aha yeh xD Most people dont really realise unless they are in the same guild/town as me xD I make no effort to correct peoples ***umptions, its much easier to go with the flow xD

But yes, Im a guy... dun dun dun! (plenty of times people dont even believe me when I try to tell them Im male haha)

?

OMAHGAWD then scubs gey? *3*
well i did heard u being guy once but i brushed that off xD
i love ur sketches specialy one of the koi's XD
Izzy
Posted 1/5/2010 4:42 PM (#91744 - in reply to #91736)

Extreme Veteran

Froot -  OMAHGAWD then scubs gey? *3* well i did heard u being guy once but i brushed that off xD i love ur sketches specialy one of the koi's XD

Haha Scubs just totally unloved and no one else would take him up on the offer of marriage so he forced me into it LOL (I did fend it off for a good few months then I just gave in to his QQ'ing! xD)

Haha well now you know Frootiekins! xD

Thank youuu, I gotta get back to more traditional sketching, my attempt to learn how to use a graphics tablet is just frustrating me!

Froot
Posted 1/5/2010 10:13 PM (#91841 - in reply to #91744)

Elite Veteran

lmao xD funeh
yeh let me no when u get more up il go stalk ur page *3*
Vip3ron
Posted 1/6/2010 3:46 AM (#91866 - in reply to #91841)

Elite Veteran

=O ur a guy O_O

I thought you was a ***y shy girl >.<

I love the spear you drew ^^
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)