Announcements    |   Account     |    Guide     |     GoonZu    |     Downloads    |    Item Mall    |     G Coin
Luminary Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4 Weapons 4 Elements or 1 Weapon 4 Elements
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Feedback & Tech Support -> Hanyang's Suggestion ChamberMessage format

Visa
Posted 1/28/2010 11:27 AM (#97800)
Subject: 4 Weapons 4 Elements or 1 Weapon 4 Elements

Veteran

Wouldn't it be a great if we had a feature to enchant 1 weapon with all 4 elements? I'm tired of having 4 canes with 4 different elements. Even with other weapons it would be a great idea. If you agree with this idea, let me get a "Hell Yea!"
Top of the page Bottom of the page
the5star
Posted 1/28/2010 11:42 AM (#97803 - in reply to #97800)
Subject: Re: 4 Weapons 4 Elements or 1 Weapon 4 Elements

Expert

i agree with visa, so he doesnt need to hold all his pg canes
PistolaRemington
Posted 1/28/2010 1:02 PM (#97823 - in reply to #97800)
Subject: RE: 4 Weapons 4 Elements or 1 Weapon 4 Elements

Expert

Visa - 1/28/2010 11:27 AM

Wouldn't it be a great if we had a feature to enchant 1 weapon with all 4 elements? I'm tired of having 4 canes with 4 different elements. Even with other weapons it would be a great idea. If you agree with this idea, let me get a "Hell Yea!"

Enchanting is what drives Ndoors' business. Making your suggestion happen cuts down their profits significantly (more than 50% for sure). It will NEVER happen.

Edited by PistolaRemington 1/28/2010 1:03 PM
Visa
Posted 1/28/2010 2:02 PM (#97851 - in reply to #97800)

Veteran

I'm not saying to take out enchanting. I'm just saying that we should be able enchant a weapon with all elements. It would be the same enchanting process. Just with one weapon. For example, if I wanted my already ranked fire cane to also be wind, I'd have to go through the same process of enchating it with more canes and more stones and more hammers and nails(which are IM stuff). I'm sure ndoors would profit just as much with this method if not more. Because players like myself would spend more on hammers, nail, and stones to get all 4 elements on 1 weapon.
Burrows
Posted 1/28/2010 2:30 PM (#97854 - in reply to #97823)

Expert

PistolaRemington - 1/27/2010 9:02 PM

Enchanting is what drives Ndoors' business. Making your suggestion happen cuts down their profits significantly (more than 50% for sure). It will NEVER happen.

enchanting 1 wep with 4 elements... or enchanting 4 weps with 1 element... Either way you're still using the same amount of hammers... after the first element it'll most likely be unsealed, sooo ... Adding in the extra nails, kinda bumps up the gcoin value ^ ^

I'm not sure about the idea, would the element attack stack? or just make your weapon stronger in certain hg's?

Edit-
Changed my mind, it'd be a great idea, wouldn't matter which elemental guardian you have, your attack will still increase in pvp... You'd think ndoor's would lose money on this, but since they only release each guardian once (not including pouches) so, just means if someone misses the guardian they need, they can use the next rare ^ ^.

Edited by Burrows 1/28/2010 2:36 PM
PistolaRemington
Posted 1/28/2010 2:59 PM (#97857 - in reply to #97854)

Expert

Burrows - 1/28/2010 2:30 PM

PistolaRemington - 1/27/2010 9:02 PM

enchanting 1 wep with 4 elements... or enchanting 4 weps with 1 element... Either way you're still using the same amount of hammers... after the first element it'll most likely be unsealed, sooo ... Adding in the extra nails, kinda bumps up the gcoin value ^ ^

I'm not sure about the idea, would the element attack stack? or just make your weapon stronger in certain hg's?

Edit-
Changed my mind, it'd be a great idea, wouldn't matter which elemental guardian you have, your attack will still increase in pvp... You'd think ndoor's would lose money on this, but since they only release each guardian once (not including pouches) so, just means if someone misses the guardian they need, they can use the next rare ^ ^.

Oh ok, I kinda misunderstood it on a whole new different level which I won't say because that would make me look extremely dumb.

Anyways, if you will be able to enchant a weapon with 4 elements, I say there should be some disadvantages to it to like lowering your attack speed or something. Absolutely NOT, on elemental attack stack... that would just overkill some people with uber high tech (such as myself, lolz) Since you don't need to swap weapons anymore and due to the fact swapping weapons on spirit mode is impossible, it seems just fair to give it several disadvantages to make the system balanced.
Lala
Posted 1/28/2010 3:38 PM (#97862 - in reply to #97857)

Expert

realistically speaking that idea makes no sense...
Visa
Posted 1/28/2010 3:50 PM (#97865 - in reply to #97800)

Veteran

It makes sense if you don't want to have 4 weapons just to hunt in different places.

Either way, a suggestion like this would never be implemented in game. The ndoors dev team don't have the programming competency for such a thing. They still have simple bugs in game that they can't even fix.

*sigh* Only in my dreams.

Edited by Visa 1/28/2010 3:55 PM
blakemoso1
Posted 1/28/2010 4:47 PM (#97871 - in reply to #97865)

Expert

its useful if you have a really nice wep... like a pg somethin or another.
the5star
Posted 1/28/2010 5:42 PM (#97879 - in reply to #97871)

Expert

its a pretty good consept if u get it
SharShar
Posted 1/28/2010 7:11 PM (#97890 - in reply to #97800)

Expert

Visa - 1/28/2010 1:15 PM

I wish it were possible to re-enchant items a different element. That great silver axe would look beautiful on MaiChopper as fire. Why don't these devs program in some feature where we could have 2 or more elements on an item. With very few mg/pg items running around, players could use a feature such as this. For me, I hate carrying 4 different canes with 4 different element on them. I would love to just carry 1 cane enchanted with all elements. Not everyone will agree with this but I bet most players would.

oooooh. i kinda like this idea... I kinda because I like the change of scenery (different weapons).

lol make a Superweapon out of all weapons. One r10 of each element combined once to make this Voltron of weaponry.
You would be able to change it's appearance free without having to buy anything off Item Mall or market, and the success rate for this superweapon would be 100% success. It wouldnt be right to have a random success rate considering all the fails we go through to try to the ultimate r10 weapon.
The magic on this weapon would be four elements, and the appearance of the superweapon would be something like:

(ctrl + 1) Axe Magic - Appearance of Axe delivering the wrath of Land + str
(ctrl + 2) Gun Magic - Appearance of Fire delivering the wrath of Fire + agi
(ctrl + 3) Sword Magic - Appearance of Water delivering the slicing wrath of Water + dex
(ctrl + 4) Spear Magic - Appearance of Spear delivering the piercing wrath of the Wind + vit
(ctrl + 5) (Cane can be subsitiuted for Spear, Appearance of Cane delivering boosted wisdom)

is an idea

Edited by SharShar 1/28/2010 7:14 PM
unLucky
Posted 1/28/2010 10:35 PM (#97905 - in reply to #97800)

Regular

I don't think this is such a great idea...

One major problem with this game is that all the top players are the top artisans/hunters/afkers. This basically means that all their skills, weapons, and alts control the game. This lack of specialization makes it so that these top players do not need to interact with other players to get what they want, hence sort of giving no motivation to newcomers and mid-level players in developing a skill or specialize hunting in a certain area (partly due to the fact that they won't become a top artisan or can hunt as effectively as the top players).

By allowing combined elements on a single overpowered weapon, players with the strongest weapons in game can basically monopolize over all the hunting grounds. This way, they can hog all hunting grounds that provide good drops (since it will be pretty hard to ks the strongest weapons in game), obtain a ton of mats to sell in the market for extremely low prices (hence leaving no hunting profit for mediocre hunters -> less hunters -> less players), and generally increase the gap between the old and new players.

I'm all for the hard work paying off notion that most of the top players pride themselves in, but you really have to admit... when you started this game, it was a hell lot easier than it is now. What used to be exchanged for marbles in the 4-digit range are now dealt with in marbles of 6-digits or more. The monsters have gotten stronger, the stats have gotten more complicated, and the player pool continues to decrease (only hidden by the increase in alts).

My suggestion would be to introduce a new series of weapons that only drops from monsters. It can probably be a temporary weapon, but it will be stronger than normally crafted weapons, and cannot be enchanted. This will provide an incentive for new players to hunt (in order to get that 1 weapon that will emulate an R5-R7 for a week), so they can have an easier time in building up their as.sets and their hunting/crafting potential.

Keep in mind guys... there's no point in being the best at a game when you're the only one playing it.
Visa
Posted 1/29/2010 4:42 AM (#97945 - in reply to #97905)

Veteran

unLucky - 1/29/2010 1:35 AM

One major problem with this game is that all the top players are the top artisans/hunters/afkers. This basically means that all their skills, weapons, and alts control the game. This lack of specialization makes it so that these top players do not need to interact with other players to get what they want, hence sort of giving no motivation to newcomers and mid-level players in developing a skill or specialize hunting in a certain area (partly due to the fact that they won't become a top artisan or can hunt as effectively as the top players).

By allowing combined elements on a single overpowered weapon, players with the strongest weapons in game can basically monopolize over all the hunting grounds. This way, they can hog all hunting grounds that provide good drops (since it will be pretty hard to ks the strongest weapons in game), obtain a ton of mats to sell in the market for extremely low prices (hence leaving no hunting profit for mediocre hunters -> less hunters -> less players), and generally increase the gap between the old and new players.

I'm all for the hard work paying off notion that most of the top players pride themselves in, but you really have to admit... when you started this game, it was a hell lot easier than it is now. What used to be exchanged for marbles in the 4-digit range are now dealt with in marbles of 6-digits or more. The monsters have gotten stronger, the stats have gotten more complicated, and the player pool continues to decrease (only hidden by the increase in alts).

My suggestion would be to introduce a new series of weapons that only drops from monsters. It can probably be a temporary weapon, but it will be stronger than normally crafted weapons, and cannot be enchanted. This will provide an incentive for new players to hunt (in order to get that 1 weapon that will emulate an R5-R7 for a week), so they can have an easier time in building up their as.sets and their hunting/crafting potential.

Keep in mind guys... there's no point in being the best at a game when you're the only one playing it.

On this note... Players with MG/PG weapons generally have more than just 1 of them. Us older players hog these rare items due to the fact that different element works better in different hunting grounds. This gives mediocre and new players less chance of obtaining a nice/strong weapon. If there was a feature for enchanting all elements on 1 weapon, players like me wouldn't have any reason to horde MG/PG weapons. Therefore, giving other players more opportunities to obtain something rare. And in turn, more newer players.
PistolaRemington
Posted 1/29/2010 7:59 AM (#97963 - in reply to #97800)

Expert

If elemental attack stack was made possible, I suggest these effects be added to keep it balanced.

1 element = No elemental attack bonuses or stat downgrades.
2 elements = +25 (5%) elemental attack for both elements, 10% less attack speed and movement speed, -10 to all stats
3 elements = +50 (10%) elemental attack for all 3 elements, 15% less attack speed and movement speed, -20 to all stats
4 elements = +100 (20%) elemental attack for all 4 elements, 20% less attack speed and movement speed, -25 to all stats

Edited by PistolaRemington 1/29/2010 8:00 AM
DrySe
Posted 1/29/2010 9:30 AM (#97978 - in reply to #97905)

Veteran

unLucky - 1/29/2010 1:35 AM

Its strange because I look at this topic in a completely different way. It is actually a lot easier now to become a strong player faster considering levels are easier to gain and strength actually matters now.

In the past there was no 300 percent bonus or 200 percent bonus, or Fourleafs for that matter. This meant players who wanted to be the top level or become a top artisan had to play up to 3 times as much as new players in order to gain the same levels. On top of this it was much harder to reach level 100 back then, than it is now. And in terms of manufacturing the old players had to manufacture much much much more than we do now. I haven't even mentioned prescription and cooking skills yet. Which are ridiculously easy to level up now.

If you want to talk about prices then you can also look at it this way.
If a material costs more to buy, then it also makes more when you sell it. Money problem solved.

Also if you want to talk about new players, the lack of new players is not a problem in Athena's Shenburry. We just went from 7 residents to 40+ residents in about a weeks time since I joined. Most of the 32+ players that joined were all new players whom never played the game before. One week and 30 plus new players. If you want to promote the game and help get new players, camp out at Ankaran and talk to everyone that walks by. Give them a friend to play with and they will stay. That is how we do things in Athena's Shenburry :D.

Also in Athena all the top players I know are very nice and helpful people. I admit though, no matter how hard I try I will never be as good as them but I think that is because of the fact that they have more experience and general knowledge that comes from time spent playing. They also had to deal with the olden days where it was harder to do everything and thus its like a breeze to level up and train nowadays with all the spoiled perks we get.

All in all, from my experience becoming powerful in this game present day, is a breeze compared to the past.

In fact 300 percent is this weekend and with something as simple as joining a guild (didn't exist before) which allows you to pump strength to increase your damage (didn't exist before) you can probably reach level 50 with the lvl 8 weapon and strong leather armor (you got a bamboo sword and weak leather armor in the past which expired) provided during the in game quests in a couple hours if not less. Then take the rest of the time and level up some more and it should be a breeze to get to level 90+

By the way you don't need a ranked weapon until you are about level 92 or higher, I got there on an angels axe r0 pretty easy.

Finally I think its a pretty good idea to be able to rank the same weapon with all elements just to decrease your inventory space usage.

Edited by DrySe 1/29/2010 9:35 AM
Visa
Posted 1/29/2010 9:54 AM (#97982 - in reply to #97978)

Veteran

DrySe - 1/29/2010 12:30 PM

By the way you don't need a ranked weapon until you are about level 92 or higher, I got there on an angels axe r0 pretty easy.

Depending on the weapon you "want" to use. For weaker weapons such as bows and swords, having some kind of rank on them will definately help. For canes, it's almost mandatory to have it ranked unless you want to use whirlpool everywhere you go and never gain the needed tech skill to be effective. Also...unlike other weapons, canes do not gain much by pumping str for normal attack or wis for magic attack. Cane power comes mostly from rank and skill.
DrySe
Posted 1/29/2010 12:46 PM (#97995 - in reply to #97982)

Veteran

Visa - 1/29/2010 12:54 PM

DrySe - 1/29/2010 12:30 PM

Depending on the weapon you "want" to use. For weaker weapons such as bows and swords, having some kind of rank on them will definately help. For canes, it's almost mandatory to have it ranked unless you want to use whirlpool everywhere you go and never gain the needed tech skill to be effective. Also...unlike other weapons, canes do not gain much by pumping str for normal attack or wis for magic attack. Cane power comes mostly from rank and skill.

My level 1-50 goes something like this. 1-15 (Giselle), 16-30 (use a cane), 30 - 50 any weapon I feel like sticking with . This is for my alts.

I agree having a rank on your weapon does help, but I don't see it as a necessary thing for levels 1 - 90. Also the weapons like bow and sword may be weaker but they do have their own perks to it. I know a couple of sword wielders that would destroy me in a pvp any day, even when I deck myself out :P. I think that instead of wasting time ranking a low level weapon, new players should focus on gaining levels and then rank something lvl 55+ at least. Also adding strength instead of vitality from levels 1-30 (before the reset) will at least help with all weapons except cane.

I actually went to level 92 on a snake cane on my first account (this one) while my fiancee went to 94 on an angels axe. So now when I power level alts I use axe since it is quite beastly unranked :D And I still know another player who uses a rank 5 water snake cane. In addition to taebak armor until about a month ago when he decided to get abel armor. He is still using the snake cane though and in my opinion is doing very well. He may not be the best but he is better then all the people who complain about ranking a weapon instead of actually hunting.

Since you are a pro caner, want to give me some tips :D. I was thinking of enough str for armor, int so my whirlpool will not miss, and wis so I can hold the cane, and the rest in vit. Any opinion on dex?
Visa
Posted 1/29/2010 1:39 PM (#98005 - in reply to #97995)

Veteran

DrySe - 1/29/2010 3:46 PM

Since you are a pro caner, want to give me some tips :D. I was thinking of enough str for armor, int so my whirlpool will not miss, and wis so I can hold the cane, and the rest in vit. Any opinion on dex?

I am no where close to being a pro caner but I do think I'm better off than most. I have been a statless caner for quite some time now. I go statless because I rarely hunt at high lvl places and I get full drops from low lvl places. I get all the stats I need from clothes, mount, and guild. My tips for any caner are:

Str - don't even bother with this stat unless you desperately need it for armors (use guild stats in str if possible).

Dex - absolutely not necessary unless it annoys you to miss once every hundred hits (use dex crystals or get full abels or higher for accuracy).

Agi - I laugh at this stat (useless for everyone except for bows and guns).

Wis - I suggest not bothering with this stat also (change guild stats to wis, equip cane, then change it back to whatever).

Int - To me, this is also not necessary since advance skills boost magic accuracy after lvl 90.

Vit - Although I'm statless, this would be the only stat that caners should pump a great deal into (I don't do pvp or hunt high lvl ranged mobs so this is usless for me also).

Being a caner is about the most difficult of all weapon cl***es. Cane tech skill is hard to train. MP pots get expensive if you use magic all the time (which i do not suggest cause slows down cane tech skill training). Cane power comes purely from enchantment and skill (r10 cane is almost a must have for any caner to be any good). PVP in this game is quite lame so it's a wonder why anyone would be a caner.
Lala
Posted 1/30/2010 12:43 PM (#98114 - in reply to #97865)

Expert

Visa - 1/28/2010 6:50 PM

It makes sense if you don't want to have 4 weapons just to hunt in different places.

Either way, a suggestion like this would never be implemented in game. The ndoors dev team don't have the programming competency for such a thing. They still have simple bugs in game that they can't even fix.

*sigh* Only in my dreams.

I didnt say its not useful (it is), i just said it doesnt really make much sense. How are you supposed to have a weapon with fire and water attributes in the same weapon. doesnt make sense.
though it sound useful.
SharShar
Posted 1/30/2010 4:17 PM (#98141 - in reply to #98114)

Expert

Lala - 1/30/2010 2:43 PM

I didnt say its not useful (it is), i just said it doesnt really make much sense. How are you supposed to have a weapon with fire and water attributes in the same weapon. doesnt make sense.
though it sound useful.

It does if the magic that the weapon has is what changes the appearance:

SharShar - 1/28/2010 9:11 PM
...and the appearance of the superweapon would be something like:

(ctrl + 1) Axe Magic - Appearance of Axe delivering the wrath of Land + str
(ctrl + 2) Gun Magic - Appearance of Fire delivering the wrath of Fire + agi
(ctrl + 3) Sword Magic - Appearance of Water delivering the slicing wrath of Water + dex
(ctrl + 4) Spear Magic - Appearance of Spear delivering the piercing wrath of the Wind + vit
(ctrl + 5) (Cane can be subsitiuted for Spear, Appearance of Cane delivering boosted wisdom)

is an idea

(Magic can be tinkered with, but the appearance of the weapon would be tied into what magic
you wanted to use from teh aforementioned super weapon.)
I think it would be super useful. Something like this would make all these damn fails worthwhile.
(with it being allowed to be made without chance of fail)

Edited by SharShar 1/30/2010 4:21 PM
Visa
Posted 1/30/2010 7:38 PM (#98166 - in reply to #97800)

Veteran

Ok, for those who don't have the mental capacity to understand what I'm proposing here, I'll try to explain this as simple as I can. We'll use canes as an example since enchantment is a major part of its power.

Say I hit monsters in Sea Palace for around 850s with my land cane r10 and only 650s with my fire cane r10. I am suggesting that I be able to enchant my fire cane also with land (going through same process of enchantment) and hit monsters in Sea Palace for 850s also as if it were only a land cane. I don't want any perks or penalties for having dual or more element weapons. I just want 1 weapon enchanted with all elements to hit like land in Sea, like wind in Holy, like fire in Drac, and like water in Hell. That's all. If you still don't understand, maybe you haven't had 4 weapons with different elements before.
PlakionAthena
Posted 1/30/2010 9:30 PM (#98180 - in reply to #97963)

Elite Veteran

PistolaRemington - 1/29/2010 10:59 AM

If elemental attack stack was made possible, I suggest these effects be added to keep it balanced.

1 element = No elemental attack bonuses or stat downgrades.
2 elements = +25 (5%) elemental attack for both elements, 10% less attack speed and movement speed, -10 to all stats
3 elements = +50 (10%) elemental attack for all 3 elements, 15% less attack speed and movement speed, -20 to all stats
4 elements = +100 (20%) elemental attack for all 4 elements, 20% less attack speed and movement speed, -25 to all stats

heck i think gun is slow even with that 5% speed and you want more less attack speed that just horrible!
Lala
Posted 1/31/2010 8:31 AM (#98233 - in reply to #98166)

Expert

Visa - 1/30/2010 10:38 PM

Ok, for those who don't have the mental capacity to understand what I'm proposing here, I'll try to explain this as simple as I can. We'll use canes as an example since enchantment is a major part of its power.

Say I hit monsters in Sea Palace for around 850s with my land cane r10 and only 650s with my fire cane r10. I am suggesting that I be able to enchant my fire cane also with land (going through same process of enchantment) and hit monsters in Sea Palace for 850s also as if it were only a land cane. I don't want any perks or penalties for having dual or more element weapons. I just want 1 weapon enchanted with all elements to hit like land in Sea, like wind in Holy, like fire in Drac, and like water in Hell. That's all. If you still don't understand, maybe you haven't had 4 weapons with different elements before.

Yeah i do have the mental capacity to understand, im not a retard. I'm just saying, in real life, and in any game, Water and Fire would not be able to be combined together.

Here, because you dont understand... Picture a camp fire, and then someone throwing a bucket of water on it. Do you understand that? Do you have the mental capacity to picture that Visa?
Dont think i'm less smart than you just because i dont agree.

I do think its useful, hey, i also think having ultra grade items with 1000% boost would also be useful, all im saying is that i dont your idea because you cant mix elements like that. in greek mythology why was there only 1 god of the sea, and not any gods of sea and fire? Cause it doesnt make sense thats why.

It is useful, but no. Should not be implemented.

End.
LegendaryAxe.
DrySe
Posted 1/31/2010 10:28 AM (#98248 - in reply to #98233)

Veteran

Lala - 1/31/2010 11:31 AM

Visa - 1/30/2010 10:38 PM

Yeah i do have the mental capacity to understand, im not a retard. I'm just saying, in real life, and in any game, Water and Fire would not be able to be combined together.

Here, because you dont understand... Picture a camp fire, and then someone throwing a bucket of water on it. Do you understand that? Do you have the mental capacity to picture that Visa?
Dont think i'm less smart than you just because i dont agree.

I do think its useful, hey, i also think having ultra grade items with 1000% boost would also be useful, all im saying is that i dont your idea because you cant mix elements like that. in greek mythology why was there only 1 god of the sea, and not any gods of sea and fire? Cause it doesnt make sense thats why.

It is useful, but no. Should not be implemented.

End.
LegendaryAxe.

First of its a game so anything can happen. Second go look at ice castle and baekdusan monsters as an example. They have multiple elements. Also some bosses do too. If the monsters can have multiple elements why can't we o.0?

Edited by DrySe 1/31/2010 10:29 AM
the5star
Posted 1/31/2010 10:38 AM (#98254 - in reply to #98248)

Expert

exactly :D
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)