x

VFUN Message

VFUN Login history

You can check login success logs for the last 3 months.

Login date(UTC) Login IP
No login log exists for the last 3 months.
x

VFUN Message

VFUN Sign In

luminary

luminary
Game is running.
Announcements    |   Account     |    Guide     |     GoonZu    |     Downloads    |    Item Mall    |     G Coin
Luminary Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sticky Artifacts for Dummies
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   World of Luminary -> Reco's TipsMessage format

GoGanGM
Posted 10/30/2008 9:25 PM (#7128)
Subject: Artifacts for Dummies

Step 1: Creating Slots
When manufacturing an item, a number of random slots will be availalbe from 0-x.(Where x = max slots possible on the item. See picture to find out the maximum slots available for your item). Only weapons, helmets, armors, belts, and shoes can have slots. Any items made before the patch will have no slots. But in Item Mall there is a slot crystal available for purchase to add slots to your item. To use the slot crystal, you will need to go to Cindy and in the Create Slot tab to add the slots. The number of slots that will be added is random. This can range from 0-x. Once again x is the maximum number of slots possible for that particular item. You can keep using slot crystals to keep ADDING slots to your item until the it has reach the maximum slots.

Step 2: Making Crystals
To make crystals you will need crystal manufacture skills. In the info you can find up to 6 types of crystals WITH 8 different levels. The materials needed to make a crystal is classified into three different types. One of them materials needed is a mineral and is obtainable from Trade Port, your local market, or hunting monsters. Another material is crystal additive and is available from Angelet. The other materials are called mixtures, Elements and Powders. You can obtain these materials from Cindy in the resolve tab. Resolving destroys your item in return for mixtures. To find out what level items you need to resolve for a specific mixture, please check the info in game(There is an example for Li in my picture).
Here is a more in-depth explanation for powders. There is 5 types of powders: Unattributable, Fire, Land, Wind, and Water. The powders you will recieve from resolving an item depends on what element it is enchanted. Example: A Rank[1] Fire weapon will give you Fire Powder. A unranked weapon will give you Unattributable Powder. And so forth. There is three levels of powders: strange, mysterical, and illusionary. The in game info also tells you what level item you need to resolve to obtain the right level powder you need. Note: Resolving a Rank[2] or higher is no different than resolving a Rank[1].

Step 3: Combining the crystal into your item's slot
Take your item with slots and your crystal you want to place into the slots to Cindy. In the Compound tab, place the items in the right areas and click compound. The crystal will now add one of the random stats it is capable of. When the random stat is generated, it is possible for the stat to have a slight increase from the base. See the picture to notice the stats that were generated. As you can see in the picture, the same type of stats added by the same crystal of any level will not stack even if one was on your weapon and other one was on your helmet. I repeat it will not stack. The better stat one will override the weaker stat. The only status that stacks is the +x to weapon skill status. Warning: the +xx% Physical damage(Status from Ruby Crystal) does not stack with the +xx% Min Physical Damage(Status from Pearl Crystal) or the +xx% Max Physical Damage(Status from Diamond Crystal). The Min and Max status will work with each other. I'm sure this applies to magical damage as well. I believe this to be an error since these are different status. Because the Ruby's status will make the Pearl and Diamond's status obsolete. Also you can place another crystal over an old crystal, destroying the old crystal, to generate a new random stat with the new crystal you used.

Now you know how to add slots, make crystal, and place crystals into slots. So here is some more information that may cover some common questions and curosities.

The following information on durability is not complete. I will update this as I wait for my tests to finish.
Durability: This is like the crystal's lifespan. When it reaches 0, the crystal will become useless and will need to be recharged(Information on recharging is coming up next). You will lose durability when you are hunting. Crystals on you weapon will loose durability when you attack. And Crystals on your armor will loose durability when you get hit.

Recharge Crystal: This restores a crystal's durability to its maximum once again. To use this item, you need to go to Cindy, on the Recharge tab. Place your item in the correct slot and place the recharge crystal over the crystal that needs to be recharged. This will make the crystal lose 5 durability off its maximum durability. A crystal with 5 maximum durability cannot be recharged. I find this pointless since you can freely replace any crystal over an old crystal anytime(I mentioned this at the end of Step 3).

Remove Crystal: This item is not available yet. This will remove a crystal from an item without destroying it. The crystal loses 10 maximum durability in the process. However, the random stat that was generated in the first place will be saved and is guarenteed to be the same as you combine it again to another item. You will use this Remove Crystal the same way as you will use the Recharge Crystal.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have or mention any errors I have made. I'll will keep updating this as we go along.

(Stack.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Stack.JPG (142KB - 20 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
HinataMoondance
Posted 10/30/2008 11:34 PM (#7135 - in reply to #7128)
Subject: Re: Artifacts for Dummies

Veteran

If I use the same level but different type of crystal, does it stack ? For example I have a ruby crystal A and a pearl crystal A on my weapon. Do I only get the strongest stat or will stats stack?
GoGanGM
Posted 10/31/2008 1:03 AM (#7140 - in reply to #7135)

I was wrong about the stacking. Let me explain it here and i'll edit it later in my post.
Any same status that is added from a crystal will not stack at all no matter what level crystal.
Except the +weapon skill status was the only one that seems to stack. I will get more info on this and edit it in my post. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm sure any ruby crystal will stack with any pearl crystal.
Tupak
Posted 10/31/2008 8:48 AM (#7169 - in reply to #7128)

Extreme Veteran

So:

1.- Same crystal + same type + same status = don't stack, except weapon skill?

2.- Same crystal + different type + same status = don't stack, except weapon skill?

3.- Different crystal + same type + same status = stack?

4.- Different crystal + different type + same status = stack?

That's how works?
GoGanGM
Posted 10/31/2008 11:42 AM (#7180 - in reply to #7169)

Yes Tupak. It is almost exactly as you say...EXCEPT
different crystals will not have the same status AND

+xx% Physical damage(Status from Ruby Crystal)
does not stack with
+xx% Min Physical Damage(Status from Pearl Crystal)
or
+xx% Max Physical Damage(Status from Diamond Crystal)

The Min and Max status will work with each other.
I'm sure this applies to magical damage as well.

I believe this to be an error since these are different status. Because the Ruby's status will make the Pearl and Diamond's status obsolete.

I have not edit my post on this topic yet. I will do so when I have time.
Tupak
Posted 10/31/2008 11:54 AM (#7181 - in reply to #7128)

Extreme Veteran

Ok, thx GoGan, now this issue is more clear.
meimack
Posted 10/31/2008 9:05 PM (#7203 - in reply to #7180)

Veteran

GoGanGM - 11/1/2008 2:42 AM

Yes Tupak. It is almost exactly as you say...EXCEPT
different crystals will not have the same status AND

+xx% Physical damage(Status from Ruby Crystal)
does not stack with
+xx% Min Physical Damage(Status from Pearl Crystal)
or
+xx% Max Physical Damage(Status from Diamond Crystal)

The Min and Max status will work with each other.
I'm sure this applies to magical damage as well.

I believe this to be an error since these are different status. Because the Ruby's status will make the Pearl and Diamond's status obsolete.

I have not edit my post on this topic yet. I will do so when I have time.

Does the weapon break?? if u put 3-4 more slot??
can we get exp from manuing it w/o the quest thing ?? as of now i only get exp from the quest when i start. so i stop
GoGanGM
Posted 10/31/2008 9:39 PM (#7218 - in reply to #7128)
Subject: RE: Artifacts for Dummies

There is no such thing as item breaking in the Artifact system. Yes the manufacture exp bug has been fix and you should now be able to skill up your crystal manufacture skill by making crystals.
I have edit my post. Basically the same thing I said on the reply.
Cabiria
Posted 11/1/2008 7:02 AM (#7252 - in reply to #7218)

Regular

GoGanGM - 10/31/2008 9:39 PM

Yes the manufacture exp bug has been fix and you should now be able to skill up your crystal manufacture skill by making crystals.

Crystal manu skill 26, make 1 crystal D (need skill 25) get 6 exp. When we can level up manu skill ^_^
abccc
Posted 11/3/2008 9:01 PM (#7392 - in reply to #7128)

Hi GMs and all, i have questions!!!

If i have an axe rank 5, fire element. After my crystal's durability reaches 0.

QN 1: Will my axe going back to the effect of rank 5, fire element damage? or it will be useless?
QN 2: Removing Crystal from my axe, will my axe be useless or return to the effect of rank 5, fire element damage?

Thank for the time ^^
HinataMoondance
Posted 11/4/2008 12:58 AM (#7401 - in reply to #7392)

Veteran

Your axe will go back to like it was before adding crystals on it. I have removed crystals from my axe by accident, and I just got it back nice, clean and rank 5 fire. Just like it was before I added the crystals.
HPL1506
Posted 11/4/2008 7:17 AM (#7431 - in reply to #7252)

Veteran

Cabiria - 11/1/2008 10:02 PM

GoGanGM - 10/31/2008 9:39 PM

Yes the manufacture exp bug has been fix and you should now be able to skill up your crystal manufacture skill by making crystals.

Crystal manu skill 26, make 1 crystal D (need skill 25) get 6 exp. When we can level up manu skill ^_^

You may want to know that, Cystal PD exp is the same for making medicine and food.
When market rate = high then you get more exp.

So the best is wait for a while for the Default Market Rate in Market Place to go up for those resolve material or PD only THOSE crystal THAT require HIGH VALUE Item (Diamonds, Rudy and bleh bleh blah)

To make it more faster to PD.. you need to know the formula also

remember on NORMAL TIME (not GZ day or Bleh Bleh Blah)
EXP LVL GIVEN is CApped Depending ON YOUR SKILL LEVEL while BATTLE EXP given from the MANU IS Restricted ALSO Depending on your CHAR Level

Learn how to efficient to PD before you waste your MATS.
abccc
Posted 11/4/2008 7:46 AM (#7440 - in reply to #7401)

HinataMoondance - 11/4/2008 12:58 AM

Your axe will go back to like it was before adding crystals on it. I have removed crystals from my axe by accident, and I just got it back nice, clean and rank 5 fire. Just like it was before I added the crystals.

Thank for your information.
may i know, if i haven't remove the crystal? will my axe be still the same? like rank 5 fire's damage?
razorclaw
Posted 11/4/2008 9:48 AM (#7465 - in reply to #7440)

Elite Veteran

good info
HinataMoondance
Posted 11/4/2008 5:38 PM (#7493 - in reply to #7465)

Veteran

If your crystal reach durability 0, than your axe should go back to being normal. I do not know how long durability lasts. Real days? I hope so. I trust Ndoors will not steal (break) my axe when crystal reaches 0. If they do I will go and cry a little.
abccc
Posted 11/5/2008 5:24 AM (#7525 - in reply to #7128)

oh sound great.. thank you HinataMoondance
GoGanGM
Posted 11/6/2008 1:47 PM (#7630 - in reply to #7128)

Duability doesnt seem to be going down. If someone has the answer about durability lost feel free to post. In the meantime, I will still be looking into this.
Burrows
Posted 11/7/2008 11:08 AM (#7682 - in reply to #7630)

Expert

pretty sure durability is related to how much you hunt... but doesn't go down too much... I got nothin below 90 yet
abccc
Posted 11/7/2008 9:15 PM (#7699 - in reply to #7630)

GoGanGM - 11/6/2008 1:47 PM

Duability doesnt seem to be going down. If someone has the answer about durability lost feel free to post. In the meantime, I will still be looking into this.

Dear GMs,
Kindly help me with this...
I'm holding an axe rank 5, fire.
after my crystal durability reach 0!!
will my axe gone? or attack drop to 0? or back to my rank 5 fire's dmg?

need to know this very urgent. cause this is not clear within all players.

thank u!
Binbin
Posted 11/8/2008 3:50 AM (#7715 - in reply to #7128)

Veteran

dun complicate element and crystal.. they are two separate boost system
GoGanGM
Posted 11/8/2008 6:43 PM (#7745 - in reply to #7128)

Crystal durability will drop depending on which item you have place it in. If your crystal is on your armor, helmet, belt, or shoe, taken hit and damage will cause durability lost. If your crystal is on your weapon, you will lose durability attacking monster.

It is still unclear if pvp combat will cause durability lost.
I will soon have an item with 0 durability to show as an example.

I will aslo edit my post later.
GoGanGM
Posted 11/16/2008 2:12 PM (#8697 - in reply to #7128)

Currently there is a bug on durability. When it reaches 0 nothing happens. The crystal effect continues to work.
Also I would like to point out that if you have two +weapon skill mods on the same item, it will not stack. Make sure they are placed in different equipments for the stacking effect.
Akuma
Posted 11/19/2008 1:56 PM (#8920 - in reply to #7128)

Veteran

I have some doubts, if i put a crystal on a ranked weapon does the rank efect desapear while u have the crystal on???
Also could HPL1506 or someone explain the manufacture formulas to get the most exp?
Tupak
Posted 11/19/2008 2:07 PM (#8922 - in reply to #8920)

Extreme Veteran

Akuma - 11/19/2008 4:56 PM

I have some doubts, if i put a crystal on a ranked weapon does the rank efect desapear while u have the crystal on???

THOSE ARE DIFFERENT SYSTEMS!!! Crystal thingy doesn't affect the current enchanting system, NO AFFECT IT IN ANYWAY!!!
Jussi69
Posted 11/21/2008 4:41 PM (#8997 - in reply to #7128)

Regular

ah its money maker to ndoors lol spend 10 dollar and can get 0 slots too lol ...so i was unlucky with first slotcrystall and now need buy new perhaps its allso give 0 and then ndoors get allready 20 dollar from nothing give me ....thank you
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)